These instructions are for you if you are aged 18 or older and live in Denmark. If you live abroad, please go to ‘What types of proof of identity do you need to upload copies of? For customers living abroad’.
Please note that all proof of identity must be valid, i.e. not expired.
What type of ID do you have to upload?
You will typically have to upload two types of category 1 proof of identity, one type of category 1 proof of identity and one type of category 2 proof of identity, or three types of category 2 proof of identity.
For a list of what you can use as category 1 and category 2 proof of identity, please see below.
Category 1 proof of identity
- Passport, diplomatic passport, alien’s passport and official (service) passport
- Driver’s licence issued by an EU, EEA or EFTA country plus the Faroe Islands and Greenland (If you use the app, "Kørekort", we ask you to send a copy of the following two pages: "Kørekort" and "Kortinfo")
- Moped licence
- Type C, D or F residence card (front and back in colour)
- National identity card issued by an EU/EFTA country
- ID card with photo (issued by a Danish citizen service centre (Borgerservice)) valid from September 2017 or later
Category 2 proof of identity
- Health insurance card issued on or after 1 August 2014
- Name certificate
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of personal data
- Most recent annual tax assessment from the Danish tax authorities
- Most recent preliminary income assessment from the Danish tax authorities
- Residence permit - type C, D or F letter, issued by a Danish authority together with documentation of your civil registration (CPR) number
Documentation of your address
As documentation of your address, you must upload a copy of one of the following documents:
- Danish health insurance card
- Signed rental contract (must be from the country in which you have your residential address)
- National ID card with address
The following documents may not date back more than six months and must be issued by the country in which you have your residential address:
- A document from a local public authority (tax authorities, police and the like)
- A utility bill connected to your dwelling (must state your name and address): gas, water, heating, electricity, broadband, cable TV or insurance policy
- A letter confirming acceptance into an educational institution
- Statement of account from a bank